💬 Hezbollah warns of proper ‘response’ to new Israeli occupation 📌 Tehran, IRNA – Deputy chairman of Hezbollah’s political council, Mahmoud Qamati, warns that any Israeli attempt to occupy new areas of Lebanon will receive an “appropriate response,” according to the Palestinian news agency Sama. The Saturday warning comes as parts of southern Lebanon remain under the Israeli regime’s control and political efforts by the Lebanese government continue to secure a full withdrawal. Qamati said Hezbollah had chosen patience and given the political process an opportunity to achieve the complete liberation of occupied Lebanese territory. He added, “Not responding to any Israeli aggression does not mean the resistance is weak or incapable,” stressing that Hezbollah remained strong. Qamati also said any attempt to seize new Lebanese land will be met with a response “proportionate to developments on the ground.” He further denied the presence of Iranian fighters within Hezbollah’s ranks in southern Lebanon. The Israeli regime launched a large-scale incursion against Lebanon on March 2, leaving casualties, displacing more than one million people, and occupying parts of southern Lebanon. Last month, Lebanon and the Israeli regime signed a US-mediated framework agreement aimed at ending the war between the Israeli military and Hezbollah resistance forces after several rounds of direct talks in Washington. The agreement has faced criticism over uncertainty surrounding its legal status and the absence of a clear timetable for the withdrawal of Israeli regime forces. 📲
Translated regional report
Hezbollah warns of proper ‘response’ to new Israeli occupation
Automated translation and editorial curation by Middle East CatchSite publication
Original report: Islamic Republic News AgencyOriginal publication Editorial policy
Islamic Republic News Agency
Continue tracking
Follow the next verified update
Check the live feed for newer reports or share this article's permanent link.